As of June 12, 2015
- Permission. DPP gives you limited permission to use the Website, subject to the following restrictions. Except as expressly authorized by DPP under a separate license or other agreement with you, you may only use, download, or print material contained on the Website for personal and noncommercial use, and any commercial use, such as selling content, or posting information on another website, is prohibited. Further, you may not: (i) frame all or part of the Website; (ii) modify any portion of the Website; (iii) change or delete any proprietary notices on the Website or from materials downloaded or printed out from the Website; (iv) systemically retrieve, download or print materials from the Website; (v) transmit, distribute, sell or otherwise provide any content or data from the Website to a third party (except as expressly authorized by DPP under a separate license or other agreement with you); (vi) use the Website in a manner contrary to any applicable law. You agree to be solely responsible for your use of the Website. Your permission to use the Website will be terminated immediately, without any further action by DPP, if you breach this Agreement.
- Eligibility. By uploading Content, you represent and warrant that (a) you are the sole and exclusive owner of the Content (or have all rights necessary to grant DPP the rights granted herein); (b) you are 18 years of age or older; and (c) your use of this Website does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your Content may be deleted without warning, if we believe that you are under 18 years of age.
- Content. Users may have the opportunity to post comments on blog posts and/or upload content, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) to the Website. All Content will be reviewed by DPP before it is allowed to appear on the Website. If, after review, DPP determines that your Content is not appropriate for the Website, you will be notified. The type of Content likely to be rejected includes, but is not limited to, the following:
a. Nudity or Sexual Content. Content containing pornography or sexually explicitly content is not permitted on the Website and will be rejected.
b. Violent or Graphic Content. Violent or gory content that DPP determines is primarily intended to be shocking, sensational, or disrespectful, or to encourage others to commit specific acts of violence will be rejected.
c. Hateful Content. While DPP believes that free expression is important, content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics will be rejected. Additionally, any content whose primary purpose is to attack a constitutionally protected group will be rejected.
d. Spam, misleading metadata, and scams. Everyone hates spam. Don’t create misleading descriptions, tags, titles, or thumbnails in order to increase views. It’s not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
e. Harmful or other Dangerous Content. Any content that encourages others to do things that might cause them to get badly hurt and any content showing such harmful or dangerous acts may get rejected depending on its severity, which is determined at the sole discretion of DPP.
f. Copyright. Any content that violates DPP’s Copyright Policy outlined in this Agreement will be rejected.
g. Threats. Things like predatory behavior, stalking, threats, harassment, intimidation, invading privacy, revealing other people’s personal information, and inciting others to commit violent acts or to violate the Agreement are taken very seriously. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from the Website.
- Proprietary Rights in Content. By posting any Content on the Website, you hereby grant to DPP, a non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, and distribute such Content in any and all media and by any means now known or hereafter devised that DPP, in its sole discretion, shall deem appropriate. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Website or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the use of your Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity.
- Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Privacy. Your privacy is important to us. The following guidelines explain our online information practices and choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
a. The Information DPP Collects. You can visit and enjoy our Website without disclosing any personal information about yourself. However, we offer some special services, and for these services to work properly we will need you to share with us certain, limited personal information about yourself. This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the bepreparedtostop.org Website. On some pages, you can join our organization, order products, make requests, comment on editorial content and register to receive materials.
b. The Way DPP Uses Information. We use the information you provide about yourself to maintain your membership and to complete purchases, unless you voluntarily participate for third party promotions. We do not share this information with outside parties. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. In terms of the information collected on the site, we use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our Website and to share with advertisers. We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described here without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
e. Special Rules for Children. Because of federal law, we cannot collect any personal information from a child under the age of thirteen without the consent of that child’s parent. The statements in this Agreement generally about our collection and use of personal information also apply to our treatment of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, with the added protection of the special rules about parental consent.
f. Disclosure for Legal Purposes. The law requires that we may be required to share your personal information pursuant to judicial or governmental subpoenas, warrants or orders. If we are required to do so, we will, of course, obey the law.
- Disclaimers. DPP is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website, whether caused by users of the Website or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Website. DPP is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website. DPP assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any communication. DPP is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on the Website or a combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Website. Under no circumstances shall DPP be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Website, attendance at a DPP event, from any Content posted on or through the Website, or from the conduct of any users, whether online or offline. The Website is provided “AS-IS” and as available and DPP expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. DPP cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Website.
- Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL DPP BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF DPP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the use of this Website, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of the State of California, City of Los Angeles.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold DPP, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Website in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the Website causes DPP to be liable to another.
- Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your agreeing to the terms herein and uploading of Content to the Website. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and DPP regarding the use of the Website. The failure of DPP to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this Agreement.